The Azerbaijan Cup is going into the round of 16 where the domestic league teams will take their first leg. Gabala are going to face Mil Mugan, First Division side, from Imishli Wednesday. This will be the third tie of the pair after 2013 and 2015 encounters, both won by Gabala. Asif Mammadov, currently playing for Gabala, is one of the scorers of those matches.
Season 2013/14, Round of 16
04.12.2013. Mil-Mughan (Imishli) 1:2 Gabala
Elnur Mammadov, 1 // Leonardo da Silva, 15 (p.); Abdulvahid Afolabi, 18
Season 2015/16, Round of 16
03.12.2015. Gabala 7:0 Mil-Mughan (Imishli)
Derlis Meza Colli, 6; Ruslan Abishov, 16; Fakundo Pereyra, 22; Ricardinho, 42; Ermin Zec, 44; Vagif Javadov, 58; Asif Mammadov, 83
- Gabala made their first-ever step in the cup in the 2005/06 season and it’s going to be our 13th experience.
- Over all these thirteen seasons, Gabala reached up to the final (2013/2014, 2016/17) and ended up in semifinal (2007/2008, 2008/2009, 2015/16). We stopped also in round of 8 in four terms (2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013, 2014/2015). The red-black team could step over round of 16 (2005/2006, 2006/2007 and 2009/2010).
- Gabala won 26 matches in their all 53 cup experiences, following 17 draws and 10 losses. We scored 84 and conceded 45 goals.
- It’s going to be Gabala’s 29th home match in the cup after 16 victories, 9 draws and 3 defeats. In all these experiences, we scored 54 and conceded 18.
- Gabala came on with 172 footballers for all 53 ties and Urfan Abbasov and Samir Zargarov is having the most experiences with 18 games. They are followed by Dodo (with 15), Vicktor Mendy and Azer Hashimov (both with 13).
- All 84 cup goals were scored by 48 Gabala players and one opponent with own goal.
- Kanan Karimov scored more cup goals than any other Gabala footballers scoring seven. He is followed by Vusal Garayev (with 5), Oliksey Gai, Victor Mendy, Daniel Subotic and Ibrahim Huseynov.
Gabala vs. Mil-Mughan
Round of 16
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Kick-off: 2:00 pm. AZT
Venue: Gabala City Stadium