Gabala are dismissed to the seasonal break like all other domestic clubs as the Unibank Premier League’s winter half ends.
The staff will come back to the club on 9 January 2012.
General manager Zaur Azizov reveals some details on the preparation plan and other intentions.
- We will come together at home on 9 January of the next year a day before starting trainings until the Antalya trip on 19 January by 4 February.
We are planning to hold five test games in Turkey, first two of which may be Kazakhstan’s Atyrau and Ukraine’s Kryvbas. We are planning the last game to play on 3 February.
- Is it expected to improve the team with new players?
- We are not going to make big changes in the squad. Our coach Faith Kavlak does not think to let someone out. But if there is anyone that wants to go out because of not being able to play in the home team, then we can discuss this.
After Serge Djiehoua gave up the club, we have got to involve a new forward and it should be solved during the break.
- By what time do you think Fatih could be in his position?
- While Kavlak was named in his post just after Tony Adams went away, the Turkish footballer still can be Gabala’s coach at least by the end of this season.
Surely, all changes in football depend on results, so we have to wait up to the end of the season to think about further plans.
- Are any changes at the coaching staff in expectation?
- Yes, we intend some changes in the coach staff and the suggestion will be by Kavlak. We will give some more details about this for the recent future.
Another farewell was made with one of the two English physiotherapists, Nicolas Jenkinson, who had resigned before the last match-up. We maybe take someone else for that position.
- And now Adams, what posts is he still having a chance to hold for getting back to us?
- We are keeping contacting with Tony and he is at rest in his country now. The question should be solved in very early January, when discussions could make the right determination on his position in Gabala. Sure every club needs such a prominent football person like Adams.
- What was the matter for Djiehoua to go away?
- The coaching staff made an official suggestion not to extend of his contract time and he had been informed about it before the game against Garabagh.
- And what about expectation on Mahir Shukurov’s fate with Gabala?
- He deeply understands what we all – the club administration and coach staff, as well as fans – expect from him as a captain of the team. Mahir knows he can do his more bests for Gabala as he used to stay with us and support the team in past times when we were far from games. Now what we want too see of him is to take the team more forward as a skipper.